Physiotherapy screening is a proactive approach to keeping you fit and healthy. This will identify actual or potential problems such as pain, reduced joint or soft tissue mobility and biomechanical/structural issues. Screening is usually carried out when there is a recurring or overuse type sports injury like Achilles tendonitis, knee pain or plantar fasciitis.
Biomechanical Assessment can help identify factors which may be the cause of, or contributing to, your symptoms. For example, curvature of the spine, flat feet or leg length discrepancies.
The importance of this is to:
- Limit the onset of injury
- Provide you with advice on training and conditioning.
- Benefit you if you are returning to exercise after periods of being less active or recovering from injury.
- Maximise your full training potential.
- Identify appropriate home exercises.
- Make your training a happier and healthier experience